Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gluing PVC...? How..
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by SwampFox,
...tedious do you have to be? I've started gluing one of my tanks, applying PVC cement to the adapter and PVC cement to the 4" tank...but of coarse, this stuff dries quick, so when I put the adapter on, I'm afraid it's not on all the way (short a 1/4" or so, or even less), but it IS on TIGHT. Do I have to worry about this? I'm afriad that I should apply more glue, so leaks don't form. But, still, I'm not applying it light either. So how much caution should I take on gluing these parts? (obviously not slop them together)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by aXvXiA,
If it's only ~1/4" on a 4" connector, don't worry. I'd recommend having an extra pair of hands around to help you put them together ASAP after putting on the glue. You cannot really put *too much* glue on there. They sell PVC glue cans with larger applicators for 3" fittings and above. Also: Be sure not to use old glue, as it is inferior to more fresly-bought stuff. I learned this the hard way :(

Post subject: Yes, I have...
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by SwampFox,
...dad help shove the pieces on, then, I'll push down on the piece then beat it with a piece of wood to make sure it's down well. Yes, we use fresh glue...I just don't want to hear sssssssssssssssssssssssssss...BOOM!! when I add 120 PSI in my cannon!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers