Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by GisMo,
So I've made one and I dont know the html script to post Images. If someone can please tell me, I can post the pictures and explain how I did it and how it works. :)

Post subject: It is..
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by andeh,
without spaces before and after the < and > of course, and with your URL.

< img src="http://sub.domain.tld/etc" >

Post subject: Pics!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

This design was based off the U-shaped sprinkler vavle with a piston instead. Mind you, I haven't seen any of the pics/plans on or linked from this site until last night after creation. :( They would've helped me. Anyways, Its taken a few weeks and a lot of tinkering to get it to work.

How It Works...
Notice the two smaller valves. When an air supply is connected, both smaller vavle are in the close position. The first one is opened to pressureize the secondary chamber with the piston in it. After a few seconds the piston has completely sealed the primary chamber and then the second valve is opened allowing the primary chamber to be filled and allowing both promary and secondary chambers to be equalized. When filled to desired pressure both small vavles are closed and the large y-valve in the back is opened to the the ouside. Pressure is secondary instantly drops and immediately after the pressure in primary forces the piston backward and DUMPING ALL the air IMMEDIATELY forcing it out of the outlet.
I am currently going to try to build a much "cleaner" vavle, maybe a new internal design. Any questions, suggestions, comments?

Post subject: Pics!
Site Admin

This design was based off the U-shaped sprinkler vavle with a piston instead. Mind you, I haven't seen any of the pics/plans on or linked from this site until last night after creation. :( They would've helped me. Anyways, Its taken a few weeks and a lot of tinkering to get it to work.

How It Works...
Notice the two smaller valves. When an air supply is connected, both smaller vavle are in the close position. The first one is opened to pressureize the secondary chamber with the piston in it. After a few seconds the piston has completely sealed the primary chamber and then the second valve is opened allowing the primary chamber to be filled and allowing both promary and secondary chambers to be equalized. When filled to desired pressure both small vavles are closed and the large y-valve in the back is opened to the the ouside. Pressure is secondary instantly drops and immediately after the pressure in primary forces the piston backward and DUMPING ALL the air IMMEDIATELY forcing it out of the outlet.
I am currently going to try to build a much "cleaner" vavle, maybe a new internal design. Any questions, suggestions, comments?

Post subject: nice one
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Pyro107,
hey it is awesome, one thing though how wuch did that cost you, and also, is the porting 4" or is the tee just 4" and tell us how it performs

Post subject: Info
Site Admin

From the get-go, I would say I have spent almost $200 in R&D. But this working one is under $100 :) 4"x4"x3" tee with 2" pipe going in. It can easily be done with 3" or 3.5" on the inlet..leter versions. I have not hooked it up to a barrel yet. I Will soon :)

Post subject: thanx for the info nt
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Pyro107,
NT= Nebrasken Tranvestites

Post subject: ewwww nasty...NT
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
nt

Post subject: nice valve man! NT
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
nt

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by paintball__,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers