Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Spud-buggy,
I posted this on the other (old) spudgun technology forum, but I thought that I'd post it here as well to maybe further my success on the subject. If the redundancy is a bother, please let me know...

Hello all, I am new to the forum, but not to Combustion food slinging. Gallagher was my hero growing up with his sledg-o-matic, but I wanted to get the food out farther than I could with a block on a broomstick. My Popps took me outside and introduced me to the art of putting food in the air with FIRE and I took it from there.
I had always wanted to build the Pneumatic version of the food slinging tubes that I had previously built, but I never had the time and/or money to do the research. I have since used several of the designs from spudtech, and I think that I have gotten as far as I can without using the sliding valve-type actuators. (Better know as supah-valves I think.) I can always buy one, but I enjoy settling down and building my toys.
The best analagy that I can think of is it is kinda like tying flys...They are usually close to the same price after you go out and buy your supplies and rigs, but it is great to catch a fish on something that you built/created.
Where I am going here is this...Without divulging any "Industry Secrets," and without taking away from any future business for Joel, is there anyway/anywhere that I can go to get my hands on a set of actual plans to Build a Better Valve? Everything I have found is just a little too vague and usually filled with "this is what I think you are supposed to do..." I only plan to build them for myself and my kids, (Kinda carry on the family food throwing heritage.) so I wont be selling them out there anywhere. I enjoy the building challenge and understanding what it is that I am doing.

If anyone is OK with helping, please let me know...Thank you for the consideration.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers