Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by FoxxLord,
First, I don't think it's too much to ask a "newbie" to do a little research before making potentially lethal and self destructive weapons. That is what these are, I don't care what you shoot from the barrel.

Second, this forum isn't just about asking a question and having an answer served to you on a golden platter. It's a bank of information if only people would just take the time to read through before planning and asking questions about asinine projects.

Call me crazy.

-Foxx

Post subject: no...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
he came to us asking us a question, how would one know about the pressure in a co2 cylinder without being around for a while? It has been talked about one or two times. Yes one should research the forum, but truthfully, would you look through thousands of posts to find a question which knowlegable people could help you answer? The forum needs a search function, but I dont see asking a quesion grounds for wall of shame. If I recall there is no real forum ettiquett guide besides the on the main page. At least he took the time to draw up a plan and ask specific questions! Well anyway sorry about the ranting, but it seems really harsh to even mention wall of shame to someone on their first post.

Post subject: Doing research
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Danman58,
yes...research i have been doing some...and I would definnetly use a search button if this forum had one..but it does not..and really i dont have time to look through 60 something pages of posts to find what I want. So all I want to know is if I used metal pipe(brass) would my idea work safely? Thank you for your time Foxxlord, boogieman, and someguynamedchris..

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by andeh,
It won't kill you, I promise. ~50 cubic inches of chamber will equal 100 PSI from the CO2 12g charge, if I remember right. You could always use Joel's tried method of 6" of 3" pipe. Don't need to go wasting money on metal piping... besides, if you are using it for paintballing, you dont want insane amounts of pressure to fire that light projectile. Just some thoughts...

Post subject: Thank's andeh NT
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

nt

Post subject: Ok..
Site Admin

So..I will want a chamber of 50 cubic inches...And that will give me 100 PSI. I also have to make sure this thing will only shoot paintballs at around 280 FPS..so I dont go and destry someones safety mask at 400 FPS. Is any1 able to supply me with a link so I can read up on Pneumatic cannons..chamber sizes..speed of projectile...all the stuf I have to consider to amke a safe and practical gun. Thanks!

Site Admin

I have made a new design..It is on the website http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=61938&ck=
it has a chamber made of 3 ince pipe..six inches long...it should work. Anybody know how fast the muzzle velocity (i think hats the term for projectile speed) will be? THANKS!

Site Admin

I have made a new design..It is on the website http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=61938&ck=
it has a chamber made of 3 ince pipe..six inches long...it should work. Anybody know how fast the muzzle velocity (i think hats the term for projectile speed) will be? THANKS!

Site Admin

nt

Site Admin

Originaly posted by Bartman007,
NT = nice transvestites

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers