Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Bartman007,
as other people have said, he took the time to draw up some plans, then come and ask specific questions, before he built the gun. In my book that is not spudgun stupidity.

Peace,
-Bartman007

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

One CO2 cart can be used for many many paintball shots, using a whole cartridge for one shot is going to send that ball way too fast. Also, this is going to be an expensive gun, the cheapest I can find 12g CO2 carts for is $0.50

I think that instead of making it have a 3"x6" chamber, you should use that space instead for a regulator, still using your original size chamber. This design should get you quite a few more than one shot per cartridge.
I can't help you with actually muzzle velocity though, you will have to consult the pneum. veterans here, and use GGDT (Gas Gun Design Tool) But in order to use this you will have to find out the numbers needed for that program, one way or another...

Peace,
-Bartman007

P.S. I just realized that a regulator may break your budget, considering you wanted to build a cheap paintball pistol.

Post subject: Sorry Dan
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by FoxxLord,
I guess I was being a bit harsh now that I think reread my post. But after the whole Chriso88 thing it seemed that the latest motif amongst new builders was an all-out lack of trying. So I guess my opinion was still somewhat tainted.
Anyway, sorry for flying off the handle. You're new design looks better, I agree with Bartman though, that paintball will probably be going too fast.

-Foxx

Post subject: Hmmm..
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Danman58,
Ok What If I just built this damn thing to shhot in the back yard..speed not mattering..and is it possible to open the valve then close to let the chamber refill and then get some more shots out of a cartridge? Oh. and about that program i tried to download it but i got one of the errors he mentioned...but I dont know which thing to download on the other page..And FoxxLord..thanks for the appoligie.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by IzzyDoesIt,
Buy one!
I know that is not the answer you are looking for, but there is a lot of technology built into paintball markers, more than the average "doityourselfer" can handle.
Your "pistol" design will blow up in it's present configuration. As I see it, the "chamber" is the part between the cartridge adapter and the valve. That is way too small volume for the CO2 cartridge, I strongly suggest that you don't build this one!
Your second design, the Over/Under one is theoretically a better design, but the 3" x 6" chamber is way too large (100 PSI from a 12 gram CO2 cart.) for a paintball gun. Now, if you are launching golfballs... email me (izzy@stic.net) and I will send you a design that is sure to please!
IMHO, both guns suffer from the lack of a regulator. You need to bring the pressure down to achieve your required FPS (280, I believe you said?). That alone will shoot a lot of holes in your budget.
Yes, you can build a paintball marker, but it will take some doing and will probably be way over budget (cheap?)! After overcoming the obstacles you probably will find out that it won't be allowed in sanctioned paintball games because the muzzle velocity will be too high to shoot at people. Also, while you are fumbling to reload, you will have been "killed" many time over. Accuracy, forget it! That ball valve and the PVC barrel will eliminate any thoughts of getting accuracy out these designs.
I could go on, but I think you get the message. Again, you would probably be better off buying one of the cheaper paintgun models and start blasting away!
I just read your last post. No, you cannot regulate air pressure that way!
That's my 2 cents.
I.D.I.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

I already have a Tippmann 98 Custom with $300.00 worth of upgrades on it..This was just something I thought up maybe to use as a last resort in paintball..But now my idea has changed to a little cannon that will shoot paintballs..something just to play with..

Post subject: Here's how ya fix it....
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

To make the gun work as you asked, have a ball valve between the chamber and the CO2 cart. So to fire, you load the paintball, open the CO2 ball valve, close that valve, then open the main ballvalve to fire, close that, and repeat the whole process.

Peace,
-Bartman007

Post subject: Ummmmm...
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by robbie,
Ok i have severel home made paintball guns, and at 30 psi they hurt way more than my real paintball gun, at 100 psi im guessin it would go straight through a paintball mask. O ya my homemade paintball guns have a 2" chamber about a foot long with a 1/2 ball valve and a sch 20 1/2 barrel

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

I am NOT using this for apitnball anymore.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

wouldnt the area between the cartridge and the first ball vlave blow up?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers