Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Possible?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by clickman,
Heya guys. I'm still thinking about building a pneumatic. I'm going to use a piece of plastic for the diaphragm after discovering that tupperware lids do great. Now I have one last problem to tackle: air.

Anyone know what the cheapest possible air compressor would be? I was thinking of one of those air matress inflator things, but I'm not sure how much that puts out.

Post subject: hmmmm...
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by pacogoatboy,
i don't think a matress pump is going to put out much pressure, just a large volume. you can buy real compressors for $60 bucks or so at walmart. i have heard of people using the little compressors that you can plug into cigarette lighters to do this, but it took a looooong time to charge the gun.

if you are broke (or cheap like me) and if your chamber isn't too big, you can just use a bicycle pump with a pressure gauge built into it. it really doesn't take much to get 100 psi into a good sized chamber (2"x5' for me) with a large bike pump, maybe 1 minute of steady pumping. it gets old if you want to shoot a lot of taters, and it certainly isn't as cool as a compressor, but it only cost me $15 for a nice pump, and i don't have to worry about where i am going to plug it in when i take it to a friend's field to shoot.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Namor,
NT = nymphomaniac training

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
nt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers