Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: only..
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Axt,
100psi

The brass chamber only has a "safe working pressure" of 200psi, its quite thin + blowgun trigger is only safe to 100psi.

Post subject: very small bore
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Axt,
very good idea however.... Its a very small bore and the power you can transfer onto the arrow will be proportional to the surface area being pushed on by the air.

Take a 50 pound bow for example, at 50psi you would need a surface area of 1" to provide the same power (admitidly you will be providing the power for longer), but, a brass tube that will fit into an arrow will have a surface area probably less then a tenth of this.

Post subject: try this
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by the Mr T of PVC,
take a bic stic pen and a straw and try it slide the pen over the straw (once you take the ballpoint out and leave the end cap in) and blow in the straw. remember arrow shafts are much bigger in diameter than straws and pens. if you have an air compressor try your blow gun on the straw as well, and if you really want to get bold stick a needle in the closed off end add some tape fins and hunt the family cat.

Post subject: co2 READ
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:00 am 
Site Admin

common brass fitiings that you would find at any hardware store will withstand co2 pressure. you can see these brass fittings being used on a number of paintball fill stations, regulators, etc. Common ball valves are also able to withstand these preasures, however you can get these all the way up to 2,000 psi ratings when working with co2(FOR THOSE THAT DEMAND THE UTMOST IN SAFETY) at welding shops and hydrallic warehouses. With close to 1,000 psi of co2 behind an arrow it will travel far enough for anyone to be impressed. Remeber "think out side the box" this could go both ways the shaft that holds the arrow, could also be the barrel for darts and spikes. If anyone could tell me how to post pictures I would greatly apreciate it

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:00 am 
Site Admin

how do you post pics?

Post subject: Kite stuck in a tree?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by John (CKOD),
Theres one application, Pesky squirrels in the bird feeder, a new form of fishing.
I'm dead serious about the squirrels and the fishing, squirrels can taste good with the correct recipies, and the fishing is an adaptation of spear fishing with a sharp stick.

Post subject: fishing prob.
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Axt,
Problem with fishing is the refraction of the light prevents you from aiming at fish that are below the surface of the water. If someone can think of an aiming device that allows this id like to hear it..

I can imagine a squirrel staked to a tree with a great harpoon .. when a bb gun would kill them just as dead.. lol...

Post subject: Solution...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by John (CKOD),
When the sharp stick method is used, the tip of the stick is kept below the water so they can aim it. So either use a long dart, or have two aiming rods running parrallel to the axis of the barrel.

Post subject: Harpoon Gun Plans
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by diecast,
Hello-

Does anyone have the plans for a harpoon gun. I am looking for something I can use for fishing. Hand held, or something I can mount to a rod holder. It would be great if this could shoot far like 100 yards with some sort of accuracy.

I appreciate any help. The One above in brass looks really neat.

Matt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Pneumatic Launchers