Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Construction Materials

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm happy! kinda...
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
I went to a hardware store near here (close to seattle) called McLendon's Hardware, and I'm pretty happy. They had almost everything i needed. The only thing they didn't have was endcaps with threads (male or femals). I'm gonna check out a different location, prolly tomorrow, to see if they have any. The other bad news is that my Stinger missile launcher gun will come up to $64.38. If i want to have a 2.5" barrel too, that's another $12.80, bringing me up to a full $78.20.

Wow. I design expensive stuff

If I can get the endcaps with the threads, that'd save me around $10. Let's hope I can find them.

I went to McLendon's because my home depot didn't have anything over 2" for pvc at all. Weird...

~Orangekid13

Post subject: how...
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by someguynamedchris,
does your basic pneumatic work? you have that little 1/4" to 1/8" blow gun as yor main valve?

Chris

Post subject: nah..
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
my crap gets expensive. My "ghetto fuel meter" cam to $44!

I would be scared to think how much $$$ i have spent on quadzilla, probably in the $300 range, mabey more if you count the stand and all the barrels!!! YIKES!!!

that is really strange about the 2" at home depot. your endcaps may work like this: pipe-->coupler-->female adapter-->male endcap. they usually dont just fit over the pipe in 4", but sometimes they do in 3". That way you have to but a $2 4" coupler from the stores.

Post subject: YEP
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

That's my main valve. It was my dad's idea. It doesn't work all that well with the psi i've been able to get on my air pump, but if i get my hands on an air compressor, i'll be able to test it with my 2" barrel. It woks great and i get good distance with small objects in my .5" barrel. I'm gonna play around with marshmellows in it this week sometime.

There's the big thing at the base of the barrel, where the blowgun attaches, and i'm just gonna fill that with baby marshmellows and blow them all over my backyard. Great fun.

~Orangekid13

Post subject: the price...
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

I didn't include any wiring, stungun (no i don't have one yet), switches, buttons, or the ammo box that i'm gonna put on the front to hold all my wiring and stungun and crap.

For the endcaps, i priced it as follows.
Pipe -> female coupler -> male coupler -> pipe -> endcap

It would knock (i refigured it) closer to $6 off the the price, cuz i wouldn't have to buy the male adapter. (In one case the female and the male are switched, cause i wanted a female endcap on it for looks.)

~Orangekid13

P.S. I am using 3" pipe for around the barrel, and the combustion chamber

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Construction Materials