Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Construction Materials

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
I read through the posts below and I never saw a description of how your guns performed. You said they were crappy, but no details. From what I've seen you post your problem could be as simple as fuel mixture. As several people said "beginners guns" really aren't much different from more complicated models. There are some power gains from propane, but I think the most important advantage here is consistancy along with cleanliness. High Voltage ignition seems to add a little power in some instances, but again it definately increases consistancy and it looks cool. Rifled barrels may or may not add range depending on the previous ammo, but accuracy seems to be increased by a large margin. Spark strips might increase power in some cases {I think Latke may be doing more tests on this soon...;)}, but they definitely improve ease of maintenance and the cool factor. Chamber fans...here may be your best first step to a "non-beginner gun"...they definately seem to increase power and consistancy and can be one of the cheaper upgrades, especially if you have a junk computer lying around. Bottom line is most upgrades are really about consistancy, convenience, and coolness. C3
Actually the bottom line is I don't own one of these upgrades and I definately don't consider my 300+yrd golf ball shooter a beginner gun. Oh yea I learned what I just told you by reading old posts and asking questions about single specific issues that I couldn't find otherwise.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Construction Materials