Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Construction Materials

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: laser pointer
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by otherside990,
my attempts to mount a laser onto my gun were complete failures. i know Latke's site has something about it, but i dont have the parts, tools, or patience to do that. Does anyone know how to do this in a simple way?

Post subject: sloppy way
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by pacogoatboy,
you could always tape it on and just push the button when you want it, but if you want a little more permanent way...

i am good at doing things poorly but still getting them to work without buying too many new parts, so you might find this worth reading. this assumes that your pointer activates the same way mine do, by squeezing the clip against the metal body of the pointer. if so, this should work. if not, then you will have to figure out where your contacts are and work from that. attach the pointer with a hose clamp or two. attach a wire to the clip of the pen and another to the body of the pen where the clip contacts (solder it, epoxy it, doesn't really matter as long as the metal of the wire is contacting the metal of the pen in the right spots and stays that way). between the clip and the body, stick a piece of rubber, thick plastic, or other strong insulator. run the wire leads to a convenient place on the gun. at that point, attach them to a switch of your choosing. i personally like the power switches from old AT power supplies out of computers (the kind that click in and stay that way until you click them again.) similarly, you could use a doorbell, a toggle switch, or anything else you can get your hands on. epoxy this switch (or tape it, use that sticky velcro stuff, it really doesn't matter), wired correctly and tested, to an appropriate spot on your gun. your laser sight ought to work now, sight it in and shoot away.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Construction Materials