Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: switchback design
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Jesse,
simailar to the blue bomber, if I were to construct my gun in a switchback type design to make it a little easier to wield (not to mention cooler looking, heh) how much power would be lost by the 180 bend and by the fact that the projectile isn't right at the mouth of the explosion.. any feedback will be greatly appreciated.. as I said before, I read through every page of the new and old forum.. but this is one question that I didn't really think was clearly answered

Post subject: might actually help
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by taimaishu1103,
by adding more distance between the projectile and fuel, coupled wit the fact that you are "isolating" the projectile via the 180 degree bend, the fuel should combust more completely before accelerating the projectile. It is effectively a sort of "burst disk" mechanism

Post subject: Yep
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
The effect probably won't affect performance at all, but I'm assuming that the CB ratio will need to be different for optimal performance. Plus if you don't obscure the area between the actual chamber and the projectile, the bend should act like part of the chamber. So don't forget to add this volume into your chamber measurments.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers