Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
Well... It's mostly done anyways

I only have to drill two holes, stick 4 wires through them, and make 3 wire connections.

I also have to do some work on all the threads. A little bit of spray paint got smeared around in a few of my threaded joints, and it's really hard to screw them in. That shouldn't take too long.

I'll be leaving for vacation tomorrow morning (sunday the 13th) and i will be staying at a family cabin on a lake. I can shoot all i want there, but i can't get on this site, or any other for that matter, because there is no phone line out there. I'll finish the cannon there, and let everyone know how it works sometime on or very shortly after the 25th.

Today I finished painting the chamber and the box part, drilled holes for my switches, and mounted my switches and batteries. The only thing between me and finishing completely is two or three stupid little 3" two-holed pipe straps. I'll get those really soon, and be using my gun in no time. Don't worry, my dad will have his digital camera, so i'll get lots of pics of it in action, and possibly an mpeg or two.

I gotta go get ready for bed and do a little more packing, i gotta get up at 7 or before tomorrow to get ready and pack everyting i have to use before i go at around 9ish. I'll be in SGTC withdrawl by sundown tomorrow, or i'll have my gun done, and not care, as much anyways.

Talk to you all in two weeks, don't get offended if you try to talk to me or anything, i can't help it.

Bye.

~Orangekid13

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by taimaishu1103,
comeon man!!! were all just dying to see your baby :) How sson do you think youll have pics up and running? But anyways, great job man, not many people can take an ambitious idea like that and get it up and running within 3 weeks (thats how long it took right?)

i got an idea or two in the works for a MILSIM spudgun... should be done in a month. Cant disclose any details right now, but lets just call it "Project M136" hehehe if anyone knows what that means...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Bartman007,
hehe, I love ruining secrets

Link here

Peace,
-Bartman007

Post subject: Ah, I've been had : )
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

darnit, the secrets out. : ) I didnt know there were any military buffs out there lol.

Well, now its out ill announce my plans for a spudgun. I've recently acquired a spent M136 AT4 tube from a USMC Anti-armor lieutenant (A big Semper Fi goes out to him) in pretty much mint condition. Well, its been fired so the back cover has been blasted off, and the front rubber seal has been breached by the rocket launch. Its really great though cuz the tube has been signed by every marine in that unit plus they tapped ina cool marine globe symbol hehe.

well back to the subject, i am modifying the tube into a spudgun by running the barrel through the tube. The trigger mechanism (its that long rod mechanism on the top left of the pic) will be modified into a contact switch via a piezoelectric cell (so that the trigger actually functions as normal, you must cock it and then depress the safety lever and fire) The piezoelectric cell means that it will not fire if you accidentally tap the firing pin, you MUST cock it to fire it. Another cool thing is the flipup sights which adjust for elevation via a rotating knob. I will restencil the range gradients on the sights once i develop a ballistic table in proportion with the actual firing arc of the weapon (probly gonna be around 600fps)

I am currently ordering the parts, and this system will include propane injection, chamber fan, propane temperature stabilizing system (so that there wont be propane pressure spikes), stun gun ignition, spark strip, breech-loading, and (what i think is most cool) is a clear combustion chamber to simulate the intense backblast of a firing AT4.

If anyones got any suggestions or questions, feel free to email me at taimaishu1103@hotmail.com The launcher will be completed withint the month most likely

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
I'm assuming you mean the entire chamber will sit behind the actual body of the M136 so it will light up when fired. Get some video or pics of that...Please!
I bet late evening firing will be perfect.

Post subject: hehe yeah
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Ive decided that the performance benefits of a large chamber outweighed the cosmetic benefits of a completely enclosed launcher. In other words, i felt that making the chamber so small as to fit inside the launcher and look more compact would cut way too much off the performance benefits. So...

the entire barrel will fit inside the tube, held in by removable bolts which can accomadate interchangeable barrels. just behind the blast cone at the end of the tube will be a banjo fitting which will act as the breech. Attached OUTSIDE of the launcher will be the clear combustion chamber, right in the place where the backblast of a live AT4 is directed. So, when fired at night, it will have the effect of a live AT4, and a helluva muzzle blast to go along with it : )

the launcher shall be completed hopefully by the end of this month and at the latest, mid august. Videos and pics will be posted immediately after the first test firing, and ill keep you guys posted till then. Cheers!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers