Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Jesse,
all I have is a quick sketched diagram of it ofr pics right now.. it's all made though, not on my gun yet (have to finish building the gun) but it works great so far, just need a large syringe, 60cc or so, and if you have a really big chamber, just use 2 syringes and just put something over the ends so you can push them in at the same time...

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4220714813&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid71%2Fp912f8f69b8c3f20697e8422eb05c2078%2Ffb92ff3d.jpg&caption=fueling%20system

basically you just close the chamber valvle, let the propane full the syringe (pushes plunger out automatically).. then this isn't in the diagram, but I'm gonna put a sharder valvle somewhere from the syringe to the chamber, so, before you open the chamber valvle and plunge the propane in, you can just quickly release whatever little pressure is in there (it's next to nothing, since I just shoot the pronane through that pinhole on the bernzomatic thing once you uncrew the head) ... and then yeah... I'm sure you can figure the rest.. works wonderfully, very accurate, more than the pressure system I think

Post subject: Sweet! Thx man! (nt)
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Vochraye,

-: Vochraye

I am Vochraye.

Post subject: re: meter...
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by _latke,

I still have problems visualizing your design though it looks promising.

Since the system doesn't rely on pressure, the plunger getting pushed out automatically by pressure is just a bonus, right?

Is the schrader to relieve pressure on the syringe? I imagine the propane in the syringe would need to be at atmospheric pressure to make volume measurement work. Is this correct?

Does your system use the same principle as JimSluka's meter? I see how Jim gets to atmosphere, pressure comes out of the tip of the syringe. Your onboard design may be more accurate than Jim's by a hair during injection but could suffer greater inconsistencies during pressure eqalization because of the larger hole in the schrader than the syringe. Either way it looks great and could help remedy some pressure woes.

Post subject: answers..
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Jesse,
I have the system all set up right now.. except the shrader valvle.. which I plan to modify a bit, cut the threads off the top, and expose just enough of the needle to let out a little bit at a time.. after pressuring the syringe to about 2-3 psi the plunger moves out nicely (2-3psi is my estimate, when you open the valve it's barely anything, as long as you just just let the propane flow in huge, open and close it for a couple three seconds and it fills right up), I plan to lube it up a bit too.. make it even better.. lemme know exactly what you're having trouble visualizing.. and I'll try to help .. I'll see if I can buy a webcam soon.. take some pics

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers