Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by scooter,
Ok, spent the money and the time getting this basic cannon together. 36" of 1.5" barrel, 10" of 4" chamber. Bought the Ignitor and went to wire it up. After this thing had dried for days, vented outside, wasnt worried about something exploding (and nothing did). Click the ignitor and no spark. Fiddle with it for about 20 minutes. Still no spark. By this time my friend and I are discouraged. This has taken quite a bit of lazy ass time and we want some results. I pull one screw and suggest that as a last resort we just attach a match to a pool cue and light it from the hole. It worked mind you, but was this a ridiculous idea, or is this the way they did it back in the day? I don't give a crap about 'cool' or 'ease of use' I just want to know if this weakens the combustion chamber and whatnot?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spudlover,
but besides being not cool your spuds won't go as far do to a loss of pressure through the hole.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spudmasterofMtWashington,
use that stick every time... cuz there is VERRY HOT air comming out of that hole.

ignighter set up:

try using a longer screw where you took the one out, get the gap as small as possible. as long as you can get a spark that is all that matters. If it is a little tiny spark, that is A.O.K.

you might try smaller sized wires to connect screw to ignighter.

you might try shorter lenght of wire, sometimes the spark cannot carry through a large wire or long length of wire.

Or... you can just keep launching it the current way and it not be reaching it's full potential as it could have been.

Post subject: might i suggest
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by otherside990,
a coleman lantern sparker? they are $2.74 at walmart and even the dumbest of morons can get it to work(I used it!) you will probably need to plug up that hole and drill a new one if you choose this aproach but that can be easy. I think the product is called J.B. weildy? correct me if im wrong about that. anyway, it repares holes in pvc and that sort of thing. its only like $3. Of course you're not trying to be "cool", but as spud lover said, you are not reaching anywhere near your potental. i used to have a pin-size hole in my chamber and i noticed a huge decrease in the power. either retry your grill ignitor as spudmasterofmtwashington told you or look into a lantern sparker. you'll be glad you did.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by PCGUY112887,
NT= No Turtles, so BE GONE, you TURTLE!

lol, j/k

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers