Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Glow Spuds
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by clickman,
Idea I've been thinking of. If you crack open glowsticks and put the liquid into a pot, then saturate them with the liquid, would that produce glowing spuds safely? I'm not sure if the contents are flammable or not so I'm not going to be the first to try :)

Post subject: that would be expensive
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
I don't think that would really work the way you want it too. If it were to soak in, it would take a while. After a while, the glow would stop. It lasts longer when cold, but things soak into potatos better when it's warm. (i'm pretty sure, it might not matter) you'd have to peel the ends, and cut the slug before hand anyways. All the glowsticks you'd have to buy to fill even a cup with the slug in it would be kinda expensive, seing as how they're usually about a dollar each. If you want, it's definately worth a try once, even if you don't fire it. I do suggest that you peel it though.

~Orangekid13

Post subject: how about you just....
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Namor,
take some uncracked glowsticks with you...and when loading the barrel....when the spud is still at the end of the barrel....crack a glowstick...cut the end...dump the stuff on the spud....shove it down with a ramrod and fire....

Post subject: Glow paint
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by FoxxLord,
I saw cans of glow in the dark spray paint at Meijer a few weeks ago. Probably not as bright as a glow stick but it would be easier to apply and could be sprayed on just about anything. Well, probably not too good for spuds but PVC rockets and golf balls would be pretty cool.

-Foxx

Post subject: if it's in the day...
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
you could just use florescent paint. Krylon makes some...

~Orangekid13

Post subject: Thanks for the idea
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by GalFisk,
I've wanted to watch where my spuds go, but they go too far (and are really small), and we've got some bright orange paint in the workshop.
I'll report back on how it went.

Post subject: Didn't work
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by GalFisk,
Either I didn't use enough color, or it doesn't make any difference. I've tried to find out where my spuds land, after the painted spud I tried different colors of string and/or tape as a tail for the spud, but it didn't work out either. Either I'm shooting further than I think, or it's very difficult to find a long red piece of tape (or white string, or blue string) in a field of green grass...

Post subject: I feel your pain...
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by FoxxLord,
I've shot about 6 golf balls and found 1! It dosn't seem like it would be difficult to spot a bright white ball in a green field but it is!
I think the solution is a very brave spotter down field, or maybe really short grass like a golf course!

-Foxx

Post subject: me too!
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
I lost my 2.5" sch 40 test slug, and also I lost around 30 golf balls, but i got them so cheap its not really worth looking for them.

Post subject: heh just ask any golfer
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rex_R,
how easy it is to lose golf balls. with model rockets generally its best to paint them lower half black upper half day-glo orange to aid in tracking/finding the bloody things (still find it hard to find them)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas