Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lacrosse Ball
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Nefarious,
If anyone played the sport, you would know the balls are about 2lb and hurt like hell when u get hit with one. Im gonna throw one on the lathe and machine it to fit my 2" barrel. Only problem would be that it might grip to the side of my barrel since it is rubber. Ill just have to lube it up.

Post subject: Success
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Nefarious,
Today i successfully performed my only shooting of a lacrosse ball. I machined it to 1/8" less than my barrel size to help prevent gripping and to leave a gap for the cooking oil. I slathered it with oil, shoved it down my barrel. I guess i put too much oil in or sumthin because it ended up in my chamber. I tried again, this time with a piece of newspaper as wadding, fueled up and took aim at an aluminum road sign proped up in my backyard about 20feet away.(Dont worry, its not stolen, my dad works for the city) I fired, there was a big kick, an extremly loud bang and it rained little white pieces of rubber. I took a look at my target and found a small dent, but upon closer inspection, i saw the whole sign had been bent.
Why is it my last firing, because lacrosse balls are too expensive at $7 each and i never want to spend another sunday morning picking up little chunks of rubber off of my lawn.

Post subject: try racquetballs
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rex_R,
and petroleum jelly. fer 2" guns. no machining, no picking up hundreds of pieces (4 or 5 maybe) generally last 4-5 shots and much cheaper

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas