Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
I know how you like things complicated so I thought you might appreciate the idea I had today for your launcher. I know you're probably going to make some popout fin rockets...what about adding a rocket engine to them? I thought of a way that might make this practical, but it would be a little more expensive because it would require the power source for the igniter to be onboard the rocket. All you have to do is make "popout" contacts. I haven't sketched any specific ideas, but in my head I picture contacts on the inner wall of the body with spring steel wire that runs through small holes and held in by the barrel. This should give you a couple hundred feet before the rocket launches. I'm going to try it myself as soon as my gun is finished, probably a few days. I also have an even more awesome idea if this first part works. That however will have to be a secret for now, but believe me if it works everyone will want one.

Post subject: this might help...
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by PCGUY112887,
and no, this isn't expoding ammo, it is something that might help u make a rocket inside like Rocketbiker suggested.

http://www.thestorefinder.com/rockets/rockwwwboard/messages/318.html

Post subject: thank you very much
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
i was thinking about that erlier today, and my current autofin idea would prolly be too heavy. i suppose i could use a cardboard tube, and have the rubber bands connected in the middle, and have a tube for the rocket. I also like the ammo in one of the pics on the APW (air powered weapons) website. this one. that would be a good paint scheme. something similar anyways. I was thinking that i could add a little piece to the end of the bolt on the regular autofin that would hold in a smoke bomb with rubber bands. i'll try to sketch it out soon.

~Orangekid13

Post subject: I know what you need
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by MarvinTheRobot,
I have been tinkering with this same idea, and I figured out how to activate the engine's igniter. you just need to put 1 or 2(for safety) snap action switches so that when the rocket leaves the barrel, the lever arm pops outwards, toggleing the switch. A switch with a roller on the end would be best, but almose any of these would work. http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=700500&type=store

Post subject: Perfect
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
I liked SMS-179. It looks like it has the longest arm to give room for play, and it looks like it has a roller on the end too. And at $2 it would probably cost more to design my own. Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas