Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: SABOT idea...
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
I was in the garage tinkering with getting my chamber fan mounted, when I took a swig out of my 20oz and it hit me...what about using the top of a 20oz as your sabot? Seems like it would work great with a little planning around the tail of your ammo. If you were to end the tail with about a 1" piece of 1/2" pvc(sch shouldn't matter as far as fit goes) it would fit perfect in the mouth of the bottle then just trim the bottle to fit whatever size barrel you have. A little playing with sanding to get the right slip fit should ensure good alignment throughout the length of the barrel and quick disenguagement. Probably wouldn't work for oversized barrels as they wouldn't come out straight, but close fits would be awesome.

Post subject: you could use:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spudmasterofMtWashington,
I actually did this today as a matter of a fact...

a 2litter bottle top, cut to fit the prescribed size barel. use 2 of them fitted together with pipe to keep it strait...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by ryno,
bobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobobbobobobobobobobobobobobob

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas