Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: yes but...
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by taimaishu1103,
a rocket exhaust is not a spark. Remember that an electic charge travels at about 40 percent the speed of light and traverses the spark gap almost instantaneously.

A rocket engie however, burns relatively slowly so this lag time could lead to deficiencies in the combustion. also, the exhaust released into the chamber could pollute the mix, concidering that the exhaust is mainly CO2 = very bad for ignition.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by SnipaKilla,
A couple of years ago, i was toying around w/ one of those model rockets that i bought for a science project. I was bored after i finished the project, so i cut out the bottom of the nose cone and inserted another rocket engine into that. then i put tin foil around the entire body of the rocket then cut it into two pieces and taped it down. that way they were totally apart from each other. (by the way, i never fired it off...never had the time) i put the ignition system into the engine that was in the nose cone, then w/ the wires that i had, i had them sticking out the sides. (I was wanting to put a battery into the main part of the fuselage and connect it to the tin foil...But as i said before i never finished it...)
Now then, saying all of that...
From my p.o.v. when i would fire off the rocket it would get off the ground then, with the wind pushing against the wires on the top into the tin foil. It would ignite the upper engine so that it would fly even higher.
So that may help w/ your ignition problems after it is launched from the cannon...
~SnipaKilla

Post subject: heheh
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rex_R,
well if it works fine, if it doesn't its still ok. this is a case where any data is relevent

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by taimaishu1103,
i asked my dad (who was a forward observer for army artillery during vietnam)
about artillery and if they had RAPs back then. He said that a normal 105mm coluld fire a round about 12 km while a 105 Rocket assisted projectile could travel nearly 25 km!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Ammo Ideas