Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Legal Stuff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by theosus,
Spud guns are legal in South Carolina. . . but only if you light them with a match. No grill lighters allowed. The "Trap Guns" law was written in 1976, for the purpoes of preventing people from booby-trapping property. The descriptions of the weapons in that law covers electrically fired spud guns. However, it does not cover manually lit spud guns, so if you spray your fuel in the gun through small hole, and stick a lit match in, you are legal in S.C.
BUT - many cities have ordinances against spud guns, or against spud-gun related complaints. Launching a spud could be considered littering ($200 and 10 hours community service), if you hit someone, even accidentally, it could be considered assault ($500 and thirty days), and if you happen to fire your spud gun in Santee, they might hit you up with their city noise ordinance ($1000). So, if you are firing your spud gun in South Carolina, do it way out in the middleof nowhere. Trust me.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
I am not from south carolina, but would a flint lantern lighter be considered manual? I mean you have to manually flick them, no push buttons/timers ect....... I think this would be safer than a match and hole method!

Post subject: South Carolinian here...
 Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
Thanks for the heads up, that might just cement my decision to go completely pneumatic.
By the way where are you from?
Simpsonville here. Near Greenville.

Post subject: i would think so
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
if you have to do it manually, i think that qualifies as manual. I think that they don't want motion detectiors or trip switches or anything making a gun shoot an animal. That should be good there. CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL COPS.
call from a pay phone, and use the non emergengy number. Don't give them your name or anything. Just playin

~Orangekid13

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Legal Stuff