Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Legal Stuff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Beamd,
I have a potato gun and marbel gun, are they legal in NC.

Post subject: ok
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by someguynamedchris,
why do people ask are they legal in ***** state? i would under stand if it was a contry (but not USA) they are legal in all states but it is the towns and cities. call the the closes PD and just say some one you know is coming and he wants to bring is spud gun so they do not think you have one and go and takeit away.that is my $.02 worth

Chris

Post subject: Marbel gun
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

I mainly wanted to know if the marble gun was legal because Ive read that potato guns are legal but may be considered a firearm if they fire other projectiles.

Post subject: Quite right
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by stowsux,
Spud guns are legal in most localities so long as you don't shoot dangerous items that actually have killing potential. T-shirts, spuds, fruit, veggies, dog-doo are fine, as long as you don't shoot the at somone. That could level as much as an ADW charge in some states (3rd degree felony in Ohio)

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
I've heard the same thing about the "harmful projectiles". I'm sorry, but a 2" diameter potato traveling over 200mph seems like it has lethal possibility. Very unlikely, but still possible. And does this include air powered ones? Latke claims they can produce a supersonic spud. Couldn't a blow to the head with that be lethal?

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (AFT) has previously examined devices known as "Potato Guns, "Spud Guns" and "Spudzookas" and determined that they are ostensibly designed and intended for use in launching potato projectiles for recreational purposes and not as weapons. It is ATF's position that they do not meet the definition of "firearm" or "destructive device" as defined in Federal law.
However, we would caution you that any similar devices that can be determined to be weapons by reason of their design, construction, intended use, actual use, !!!ammunition!!! or other factors, may be "firearms" and/or "destructive devices" as previously defined.

this is part of some letter from
http://www.spudlauncher.com/index.html

I know a potato could kill somebody but this says there legal and ones firing diferent kinds of ammunitinon might be considered elegal

I think it said something about pneumatic potato guns.

Post subject: god people, read the law
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by bryce,
i says their legalness applys on what your shooting it at or building or using it for

Post subject: yeah...
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
a potato traveling anywhere near the sound could at least make anyone a vegitable. get it, potato, vegitable, *wink*wink*

~Orangekid13

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Legal Stuff