Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
I sent this message to several people selling spudguns on ebay, with unsafe designs.

I am sending you this message about your ignition design, It is unsafe, with the ignitor on the endcap, it could go off on accident. When the spudgun is set down, especially after a misfire. The main reason for a misfire is too much fuel, so when the fuel has a while to dissipate, the operator may set the spudgun down, endcap first, causing the spudgun to fire. In a nat so bad scenario the potato may just go off into the distance, in a worse scenario property damage, or personal injury may occur. An event similar to this happened recently. It appears some teenagers were shooting a frog(I know this is terrible) from their spudgun. The gun would not fire and while an onlooker looked down the barrel to see if the frog was still there, there was a misfire. I am a spudgun enthusiast, and would hate to see anyone get hurt, or you get sued over this. Check out these posts on the spudgun technology center for what can happen with these ignitors.

http://www.spudtech.com/forum/showpost.asp?cat=3&postid=12956

http://www.spudtech.com/forum/showpost.asp?cat=3&postid=13068

also you can check out spudtech.com and my site for safety info and other safe ignition methods. The address for my site is: www.members.tripod.com/potatogunwarrior

this email is out of genuine concern for you, your customers, and the hobby as a whole. Thanks you for considering this matter.

Post subject: Dude yer site rocks
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by SpudEngineerscomp,
I really like the layout of yer site
is that all html coding u did yerself
well anyway it's nice and easy to follow
u might wanna add an index page to like
find all the goodies cuz it took me a lot
of wading through plans and stuff to find
some of the most interesting stuff on the
site. Well anyway nice site.

SpudEngineer1

Post subject: Thanks...
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
I used to use straight html coding, but then I started using frontpage. It make editing and updating so easy, it takes a fraction of the time. I used to think frontpage users were "cheaters", but after using it, I would never go back to using straight html again! I think I will take your advice and make a sitemap/index page, just so it is easier to find everything. I kind of wondered if it was easy enough to find everything. I would like to make a scroll box like on latke's site, but I need to figure out how. Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!

Post subject: might i suggest..
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
When you make your titles for the sections, like here:
< img src="http://www.members.tripod.com/potatogunwarrior/spudbusterlogo.jpg">

Make the words on a black background to start with, and then you won't get that little white line around the outside of the flames.

~Orangekid13

Post subject: that didn't work
Site Admin

i'll try this, hope it works

Post subject: there nt
Site Admin

~Orangekid13

Post subject: yeah dude
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Cpace,
who would be that friggin stupid and put the gun on the ground, capfirst? never done it befoe never will. oh yeah and my sparker is on the side of the barrel. and if you wanna be safe put a safety pin in the sparker. haha just for dummies. like you. haha

=cpace=

Post subject: Your comment....
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Rocketbiker,
...is arrogant and ignorant. First of all, noones perfect except maybe you. People do a lot of dumb things, when they aren't thinking, but just making the comment you made isn't going to change that. That's why a better design on the gun was mentioned.
Second, what if someone is operating the gun who did not own it. Obviously there are a lot of people whoi own and build guns with the igniter in the cap. They obviously don't realize how dangerous this can be. Do you think then that they are going to think about it when lending it to a friend?!
Sorry, but the "...who would be that friggin stupid...." comment just got under my skin. Unless you take the time to understand others you can't help them, so you'd be better off keeping your comments to yourself.
And no I've never built one like that, primarily because that's where I put my fueling flap. But I have had a misfire on my pneumatic, and know that this stuff can happen to anyone.
And another thing, you obviously don't think safety's are for anyone but dummies. "...haha just for dummies like you..." so go ahead and write your "It happened to me" letter to us and save it for later, for when you don't have fingers to type.
Safety's aren't for dummies, they're for smart people who realize that no ones perfect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety