Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: i thought of some thing
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by mynameischris,
on a combustion gun would the cleen out plug blow of before the hole gun turns in to shrapnal? so evry one trying to make there spud gun stronger so it dosent exlpode just make the end cap blow up befor the pvc fails jsut make shure no body/thing is behind you. i am not saying blow an end cap every time but just find a way so that it will blow of before PVC fails maby it all redy dose some one needs to make a normal spud gun plug up the barrel with some thing and hide behind the wood pile. then we will all know what will hapen.

chris

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by willy,
good idea

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by William,
me and my friends were bored and found a bottle of carb cleaner in the garage. we decided to test the gun with NO AMMO first to see how it would handle. when i clicked the ignitor there was a loud crack sound followed by the cleanout cap being blown 50 feet behind me into the wall. the threads of the cleanout adapter were shredded and we had to extend the barrel and add a new one

Post subject: not always
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by JC,
only if the resistance forces (friction, or "gripping") acting on the threads of the cap are weaker than the bonding force holding the pipe and fittings together. As long as you have good welds, you're fine. I would recommend just not adding so much fuel on the first shot if you're not sure of the explosive energy of that fuel.

Post subject: this might work
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Coheej,
if you drill a hole in the chamber, and glue a piece of plastic onto it, from the inside, and the pressure gets too big, the piece of plastic will blow out before turning your gun into trash. I don't know, just a thought.

Post subject: why not just do this?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
put a pop off valve in it, and once it reaches 125 psi it will let pressure out. Pvc isn't going to blow up if proper construction methods are used.

Post subject: Ha!
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Spoz,
firstly: Boogieman: Not everyone can make a gun properly, even if they think it is the best job in the world. I and probably you trust your creations, but not everyone trusts theirs.

secondly: coheej: If you glue it from the inside, it will make it stronger, as it spreads out the force applied to it. See my other thread somewhere (in the combustion section, I think) about the towels. That should work even for pneumatic.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety