Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
I had a wierd accident today. I painted my spudgun a few days ago and reinstalled the screws. The spark gaps were too far away, so when i fueled the gun, and went to fire the spark just jumped across the default spark gap on the stun gun, so no sparks in chamber. I decided that i would take the barrel off as my gun is breechloadable. I lifted the cam levers and pulled the barrel off..... WHOOOMPPPPP! Flames shot from my spudgun and singed the hair on my arm. The flames came out of the chamber, when the barrel was removed. I wasnt hurt, but it did scare me quite a bit. This was not a "hang-fire," but here is what happened: stun guns fire very large voltages, and if the spark goes across the default path there is often a charge left in the capacitor. I have no idea why it chose to do so, but the second the barrel was off it released the current, and shot flames out. I had made sure the barrel was in a safe direction before messing with the gun, so everything was safe. This was a very strange incident indeed. The moral of the story, if you mess with your spark gaps with a stungun, and it wont fire, be careful when handling the gun, cause that damn capacitor charge may cause you a whole lotta trouble!

I wish stupid stuff would stop happening, I dont want to post here anymore :(

Post subject: sorry bout your misshap
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
I think your flammable gasses might have gone out real fast and into your stungun. Maybe you caused a static electricity shock. Jammed potato? your contacts touched when you moved the gun just wrong? was the stungun still on at all, if not, how could it still have a charge that could travel to your contacts?????

Post subject: na
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Cpace,
yeah dude. i got 2 nice scars on my hand from such a stungun that decided to go off in my hands. ouch.

=cpace=

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
nt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety