Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spudmasterofMtWashington,
JUST DONT PUT THE FROG IN THERE.... THEN YOU WONT HAVE TO TAKE A LOOK SEE IF IT IS CRAWLING OUT...

just thought i'd say that... I know it is old news but it still ticks me off

Post subject: Devin!...
 Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by vegemite,
i can understand your feelings on the recent unfortunate incident,accident,but perhaps it would be more prudent to suggest a more positive safety aspect in the use of spud launches than a negative one.
you could start by recommending...(a)the wearing of eye and ear protection (especialy novices)when handling launchers.
(b)always make sure the device is pointed at a suitable back stop.
etc,etc.
im not getting on your case man!
not at all,i just feel that only good should come out of this whole disaster,i wouldnt wish blindness on anybody,even if it was a stupid thing to do.

those are my thoughts,
veg.

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spudmasterofMtWashington,
I know. I should probably take into consideration some of the more logical saftey precautions myself... for example eye protection. but I dont... but I also dont do anything that would possibly cause harm to my eyes.

its just that it seems to me like people should think about what they are doing. especially when using one of these. I know I am cautious of everything I do when I am handling mine.

Post subject: frogs...
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Tyler,
it seems like every time i kill a frog some thing bad happens like this one time me and my friends were at our river camp and we had some fireworks, we took all the stuff out of a fountain (well thats what we thought anyway) and we put a frog in the tube and lite a firecracker and threw it in and the spark ignited the things that shoot out and got my friend in the face and he fell in the river. It was funny though and he didnt get hurt really just a little crispy and some hair taken away. lol

Post subject: FROGGIES DIE!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,

I got this off the nstorm.com site. THey make games like frogapult. It's all free. This is a banner for people to advertise for them. I got it cause of what it says.

Sorry about the last try. i missed a quote or one of theese ">"

Post subject: nah
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Cpace,
thats just dumb. =cpace=

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by andeh,

Post subject: One more time...
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by IzzyDoesIt,
There's a lesson here somewhere. Don't you guys watch Karate Kid? LOL
"The Next Karate Kid"
In a scene from that movie, Julie (Hilary Swank) tries to kill a cockroach she notices on the dining table. Just before she kills it with her shoe, one of the monks saves the cockroach's life by quickly snatching it from the table with his gentle hand. Reverently, he lets the cockroad go. The Monks all raise and leave, not eating a bit of the food on the table. Julie, perplexed, asks 'What?, What?", Mr. Miyagi, stands up, and explains:

"Monks in temple have an absolute reverence for life. They refrain from taking any life, even life of cockraoch. Even though Miyagi not live in temple, Miyagi too respects all life."

He turns towards the door, and he too walks away from the dining table. (Yay! Yay! Clap! Clap!)

Come on Miyagi fans, let's hear it one more time for the frogs, err... cockroaches!
I.D.I.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety