Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: ammo/target stupidty
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by pacogoatboy,
the other stupidity involved myself and my friend patrick when we were in high school. we were shooting a variety of things out of his father's potato gun. (no, not frogs). we filled olive jars with sand, and shot a variety of fruits and vegetables. we were shooting at a 55 gallon drum about 50' away. the gun wasn't particularly accurate, so we were really shooting all around the 55 gal. drum, but we did manage to hit it once. we decided to try a golf ball. even though they are much smaller than the barrel, they are built to fly long distances, so it seemed like a decent projectile. besides, watching just about anything flying out of a potato gun is fun. we put in the ball, filled the chamber with aquanet, and fired. the ball went like you wouldn't believe. it hit the barrel dead center, dented it badly, and ricocheted right back and hit me in the calf. i thought i was going to pass out it hurt so bad. luckily i just ended up with a colossal bruise and the new found knowledge that shooting hard, elastic objects at hard, reflective targets was not a good idea.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety