Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Almost lost my hand
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by zimdbw74,
My friend and I where intrested in making a pnumatic spud gun after seeing the Discovery channel "Punkin Chunkin" special. We went out to the local hardware store with a crude understanding of spud guns and a minimul budget. We spent a while looking for what we thaught would be all the right parts. We took it all home and began construction. Once completed we had a nice looking gun that we thaught would be a hell of a lot of fun. We broke out the air compressor loaded the gun and braced for hours of fun. My Friend was filling the gun through our female quick connect air inlet while I held the gun ready for blast off. We didn't have enough money so we skimpped on the pressure gauge. We'll if you can guess the holding tank for the air exploded in my hand sending a piece of shrapnel into my palm and luckily nowhere else. After the ER we relized we should have number one used a gauge and number 2 used at least schedule 40 grade PVC. we used the cheap stuff that couldn't withstand the psi we where using. So if you don't have enough money or the experience ask someone cause it's a hell of a lot better then 15 stiches in your palm.

Post subject: wow...
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by DrX512,
you got really lucky you didnt lose an eye!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Jon03,
i've seen that stuff, it's like 2 mm thick, lol, ya not a good idea. atleast u didn't like die or anything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Safety