Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Other Lame Rantings

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help if u can
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Lee,
It seems that I am the only person having this problem but here goes.
When I access ANY page or post on the "New" website I get the following MS internet explorer message "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?". This really sucks after about 100 times. If you answer NO to the question the bmp's of the pictures do not display. I am running win98 with the latest IE 5.50.4807.2300. The sort of fly in the ointment is that I am also using "Free Surfer" as a popup killer (disabling it doesn't help). I have tried lowering the security settings in IE and making spudtech.com a trusted site. No help.
I do not have this problem on any other sites.
I found a fix (maybe) for this problem on the internet and e-mailed it to Joel. He said nobody else has this problem. Arghhhhh

I honestly believed I knew how to run a computer, but now i'm not so sure.
Got any Ideas?
Lee

P.S. webguy.
All links to pictures, CGI or other scripts should be via a relative link, e.g., use /images/picture.gif instead of http://www.lawyer.com/images/picture.gif. Otherwise, your visitor will receive a warning that your page contains secure and unsecure contents.
If you must link to pictures, CGI or other scripts on external sites, you must use a secure protocol, e.g., https://www.picturesource.com/images/picture.gif. Otherwise, your visitor will receive a warning that your page contains secure and non-secure contents.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by The Web Guy,
...its the content manager I have built. The code to insert pictures
uses absolute URLs, and that's the IE control in Design mode. I COULD change it but not many other people have the same problem. Maybe upgrade to IE 6?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Other Lame Rantings