Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Odd's And Ends

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spudmasterofMtWashington,
I love noticing stupid crap like this... but it seems that someone does somehting cool, like sleeving, or automated propane system, or golf ball barels... and then everyone has one or gets one withing the next month... then somone else makes something new... its a little like high school... :( I hate school... lol

Post subject: tru dat. tru dat.
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Bartman007,
Damn, this is soo true.
I don't follow all of the fads myself... I think. I do know that I have posted some ideas which have later matured; but I'm not sure if I am the first one to post those ideas. I talked about my fan-stungun-remote combo circuit, which I designed to be able to be moved from gun to gun, and allowed two 9V batteries to power my whole gun. I know I also played around with the theoretical side of solenoid based propane injection but I haven't seen my original idea of a timer based propane solenoid system, rather than a meter pipe babsed system, ever used. I remember hearing something about False playing around with it, but don't know if he was every able to achieve accurate dispension.
Enough tooting my own horn....
Yeah, I have noticed that. It is like a mini high school, where Latke is the main trendsetter. If this is true, I have one question: Who are the SpudTech posers?
hehe

Peace,
-Bartman007

Post subject: Yepp..
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by False,
I´ve used timers and solenoids for years, and I think it´s the best way to fuel a combustiongun. The main problem was to get good solenoids that worked the way I wanted them to...but when I bought my lathe I could make them myself.
I also had a few problems with my timercircuit, since I wanted it to start timing when the button got pushed, but thats all solved now.

My current project is to design a mechanical timer that doesnt need any battery power...

Post subject: it does, but...
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by boogieman,
call me a loser, but I love to try out the latest spudgun gadjets! Sometimes I "follow the fads" but what the heck, if I see a great idea, either one that has been implemented, or one that is just theory, I'll bite! I always try to give everyone credit for ideas that generate from their ideas. I think the whole idea of the forum is to advance spudgunning, so if someone has a good idea, everybody's gotta try it, but I agree sometimes we get into fad mode a bit too much. I really love finding new stuff, and making new stuff for that matter. I have a whole sketch book devoted to spudguns, and when I cant sleep I just sketch/plan away, sometimes till 2 or 3 am! One other aspect is that it helps to clear "design roadblocks." I had been thinking of a semi auto revolver for probably a year now, and couldnt think of a good method to clear exhaust fumes from the chamber, thankfully spudsonfire came up with the air mattress inflator.

Post subject: coolies
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

that mechanical timer sounds cool...
Maybe you should make a Rube Goldberg spudgun.

Peace,
-Bartman007

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Orangekid13,
I think that the forum is a great way to get ideas and information. Prolly 2 of all us people would care enough to be into spudguns if they didn't know about all these gadgets to find the pipe for a golfball. Now that everyone knows, they're thinkin, "wow, i've always wanted to shoot those, and now i can!"

I think it's great. I have nothing wrong with fads. However, let's not make it a fad to hate fads.

~Orangekid13

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

hehe

Post subject: Fads (ideas)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by IzzyDoesIt,
That is the beauty of a forum such as this. You get to post ideas (your own or someone else's) and share them with people that have the same interests as you do. Some ideas bear repeating others, well..
Anyway, I have learned a lot (sorry spudsmasterofWashington, but this forum is a form of schooling;>)) from visiting this forum. I will continue to frequent this forum for new ideas that a lot of you kind folks are willing to share with the rest of us.
I.D.I.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Odd's And Ends