Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Competition/IPLA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by _latke,

I'll just post this here instead. That's what it's here for.

I would like to see the IPLA website become more 'dynamic' and 'interactive'. First, members should be able to upload their own profiles and photos. The member list and info should be accessible to all members with the ability to sort members by name, state or region. Thats about it.

From there we could appoint members to patrol photo areas or upload logs for illicit pictures and remove them if needed. Then maybe with that in place, members can find each other and start shooting together. Maybe one guy has a field and could host a get together. An interactive website might also allow specific users to update certain parts of the site. (like boogieman's 'spud buddies' comic which never made it to print) or other areas of an online newsletter.

The IPLA website is currently hosted on a Mac and OS 9, which my host tells me will not run MySQL or PHP. He's not switchin' to OS X so I may not be able to bring PHP to the IPLA site anytime soon (not that I know how). It may be better to email Joel and give him some suggestions about PHP and how it can enhance spudtech.com. I don't know how other members feel but I wouldn't mind if the IPLA database was hosted at Spudtech. We are all here already, logged in usually. Joel has expressed some interest to me in getting members photos and bios online here but he may need some advice on some of the options available today and any security risks involved.

If Joel is unable to host interactive IPLA member area, then we may need to look for other cheap space that is PHP friendly. Andeh, clickman, Do you guys have space and bandwidth available? In the meantime, I'll start a temporary database here in the posts above.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by clickman,
nt

Post subject: I don't now...
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by andeh,
Used to, you're a little late heh. I canceled it in February. I've been playing with lycos.co.uk as a testbed, but I don't have any real webspace.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Competition/IPLA