Search    Main Website    Parts Store    Forum    FAQ    Login

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ozy-Acetylene
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Evan,
I use oxygen and acetylene in my potato gun and it works great! I just had to make my gun out of metal... thats all. Fires a D battery fast enough to punch a hole through a 2" slab of concrete... just make sure you have strong welds and stand back when firing it for the first few times... I have a 30' cord coming off. Great fun though, makes a big noise.. quite a bit of recoil. Only downside is potatoes and anything else soft tends to disintegrate...ends up mush on whatever i'm shooting. Just dont ever use PVC, way too weak... metal is the way to go.

Post subject: Be Careful Dude...
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by PCGUY112887,
I suggest beeing very careful using powerful $H!T like that. Oxygen alone is a extreamelly dangerous thing to be using. I thought there was sonething on this site about not posting things about Acetylene, but I can;t find it so i guess i'm wrong. Hey, you should take some pictures of your spud gun and write a lil soemthing about it and sent it to PCGUYspudder@hotmail.com
Your cannon would the the first of it's kind on my site, which is http://spudcannons.no-ip.com

Post subject: Yeah its really sweet..
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by Evan,
Really easy to make, i made a few just out of 2 1/2 steel piping, welded a cap at the end, put a bolt about a foot up from the end to stop stuff from going back, put a little hole for the igniter... really easy to make, and fast. sometimes friends and I will load it, fill it with gas and just put some tape on the hole. we'll fill like 4 of them then take them and hunt birds... not like we hit them or anything, but its fun as all hell.

Post subject: STOP THAT!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spin69,
Acetylene gas is pressurized in another fluid, A acetylene explodes all by itself if it reaches 3-4 PSI (real easy in a contained space like a SpudCannon chamber on a hot day + a hot breach)!!! O.K. that's all I'm gonna say! Be warned!!

Post subject: Be careful Dude 2
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Originaly posted by spin69,
I'll agree 100% with PCGUY. WE NEED A NO POST Concerning BOTH acetylene AND oxygen!!! PLEASE!?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Archive » Old Spudtech Message Board » Combustion Launchers